In this BodyTalk 4 Life newsletter, you can find out what too much sugar can do to you and what you can do to curb your sugar cravings and minimize your sugar consumption. Also, many of you have received a lot of benefits from BodyTalk, yet when it comes to explaining BodyTalk to other people, you don’t know how. Read on to find out how you can explain BodyTalk simply.
Too much sugar makes your clothes shrink… and much more!
Eating too much sugar triggers the fat storage mechanism in our bodies. As a result, our clothes shrink. But more importantly, apart from putting on weight in the form of fat, too much sugar can impair our physical health on many other levels. High cholesterol, high blood pressure, allergies, inflammation, and bad skin are among the most common problems that people associate with sugar. But did you know that sugar can also compromise your immune system? Research shows that sugar makes the white blood cells less efficient in fighting infections, cancer and other diseases. Too much sugar can also cause attention deficit disorders, lack of mental focus and concentration, memory loss, mental and physical fatigue, and the list goes on and on…
What can you do to minimize your sugar cravings and transform your habits? Here are a few suggestions:
- Eat more green vegetables – they are an excellent way to curb your sugar desires.
- First thing in the morning, dissolve the following ingredients into a cup of warn water: lemon juice from 1/4-1/2 lemon, freshly grated ginger, 1 tsp fennel powder and 1 tsp fenugreek powder. Eat your breakfast 10-20min later.
- Drink water when you get the craving for something sweet.
- Eat protein when you crave sweet. Eating chocolate will only make you want more. If you have a handful of almonds instead, the chocolate craving is likely to disappear almost immediately.
- Find ways to incorporate cinnamon in your diet – it is an excellent means of stabilizing your blood sugar levels.
- Everything in moderation! There is no need to eliminate all sugars completely from your diet. Your body and your brain do need some sugar (preferably unprocessed). It is when you have too much that the problems arise, not when you have some every now and then. Remember – you don’t get fat between Christmas and New Years; you get fat between New Years and Christmas!
Receiving BodyTalk can also help with deal with your sugar cravings (and any cravings for that matter). Quite often there is something emotional hidden behind cravings and addictions and the BodyTalk System has excellent tools to help you find out what exactly is at the cause of the matter. Very often, when we resolve the emotional charge, the cravings go easily.
BodyTalk explained simply by Lucy Taylor
“BodyTalk is a simple yet powerful way to communicate directly with our bodies, finding out what really lies at the core of our physical or emotional symptoms. Combining modern science with traditional healing methods, BodyTalk gently encourages our systems to reveal what needs to be addressed. Really big changes can be made without having to relive the past or make huge efforts, simply by asking the body what is going on right now. By tapping into the innate healing wisdom within each of us, BodyTalk stimulates recovery, balance and good health on all levels. So, discover your body’s wisdom!”